POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HDRI tests (200 kbu) : Re: HDRI tests (200 kbu) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 09:21:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDRI tests (200 kbu)
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 23 Dec 2002 12:24:16
Message: <3e0746c0$1@news.povray.org>

Xns### [at] povrayorg...

> Yes it's the "Synthese Patch" section

Btw, I've tested this feature too. It works, but it's a little disappointing
: it's OK for small maps made of smaller maps, like those in the examples,
but computing a not very large map (1200*1200) took several hours on my P4
and getting a "synthese" map right requires a lot of trial and error. There
goes my hope of creating 4000*4000 realistic wall and bark maps out of
500*500 samples...

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com